- ACPO's ability to access police (i.e. government) criminal records for its own financial benefit (supposedly an independent, non-governmental organisation)
- the bludgeoning to death of a newspaper seller on the streets of London
- the acceptance of bribes by police officers from journalists
- the sale of confidential information by policemen to journalists
- the incompetence inherent in the death of Jean-Charles de Meneses
The BBC describes the wretched woman as having been in charge of the operation that led to the death of Jean-Charles de Meneses. I wouldn't put it that way. I would put that she initiated, was in charge of and supervised the most recent public execution by the British authorities on British soil. She made the wrong decision then. Why should we believe she will do any better in future?