FTSE 100
Dow Jones
Nasdaq
CAC40
Dax

Friday 26 November 2010

A 'bootiful' business

Over the years I have aad the pleasure of working with some great little and not so little companies, and one  of the private companies that impressed me the most was Bernard Matthews.  Just less than 10 years ago I worked with them on a refinancing for most of their factory equipment, having just completed a similar exercise for other larger names in the same industry.  And I have to say that it was one of the more pleasant and professional transactions I ever worked on. 

Although I never met the great man himself, who had largely retired by then, it was clear that he had built a great business from 20 eggs and an incubator, a lot due to his own hard work.


Bernard Matthews, one of the Great British businessmen of the last 50 years, has gone to meet the great Turkey Twizzler in the sky.

No comments: